Why is Spring the best season for buying a home?
The best season for real estate
Spring is often considered the best season for homebuyers. In fact, 40% of all home sales occur between April and July. There are several reasons for this to happen:
- Better weather conditions: Spring is when the weather is usually mild and pleasant. This means homebuyers can comfortably visit open houses and take tours of properties without worrying about extreme temperatures or inclement weather. Shopping for the right home can sometimes take weeks, even months.
- More inventory: Spring is typically the busiest season for the real estate market. As a result, there tends to be a larger inventory of homes for sale, giving homebuyers more options. At The Cal Agents, we issue a monthly Bay Area Real Estate Market Insight by Lex Shan. This blog post keeps track of the inventory, mortgage rates, and everything related to home prices in the Bay Area .
- Competitive pricing: With more homes on the market, sellers may be more willing to negotiate on price to stand out from the competition. This can lead to more favorable pricing for homebuyers.
- Timing for the school year: Spring through summer is also a popular time for families with children to move, as it provides ample time to settle into a new home before the next school year begins. Nobody wants to move at the beginning or in the middle of an already hectic school year. After all, that may be too many changes for the kids.
- Better chance for closing before summer: Buying a home in the spring gives homebuyers a better chance of closing on their new home before the busy summer season begins, allowing them to enjoy their new home during the warmer months.
Don´t let Spring pass you by
Overall, these factors make spring an attractive time for homebuyers to begin their search. At The Cal Agents, our team is ready to help you start your search for the perfect home. We even have a full Real Estate 101 program available for 1st-time homebuyers, covering important topics such as:
- How much down payment is adequate?
- Do I need to put 20% down?
- What are the pros and cons of different types of homes?
- How to decide on which lender to use?
- Are the high-interest rates going to go down?
- Can I use cryptocurrency to buy a home?
- What is considered good credit? Is the market going to crash?
- Should I buy it or should I wait?
- Is it a buyer or seller’s market right now?
The classes happen the first Saturday of every month at our office, conveniently located at 6400 Christie Ave., Ste. 1000, Emeryville, CA 94608. The best part is that they are completely FREE.
Click here to register for our next class.
Join The Discussion